MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS
1. What is Medical Weight Loss?
Medical weight loss involves the use of prescription medication that is closely monitored by a physician in conjunction with a diet and exercise program to help a person achieve a healthy body weight. The use of medications often makes the process much easier and effective than diet and exercise alone. Your weight loss is medically supervised and monitored closely by a trained doctor to ensure you lose the weight safely.
2. What makes XSculpt’s medical weight loss program unique?
We are not your ordinary medical weight loss clinic. XSculpt is a total body and health optimization center. We have physicians, surgeons, trained experts, and the latest tools available to our patients. Our doctors are specifically trained in weight loss, vitamin and hormone optimization. We also work with a network of nutritionists, personal trainers, and gym facilities to assist our physicians in maximizing patient’s results. Lastly, if desired or needed, we have board-certified cosmetic surgeons who are experts in body contouring and can help patients achieve their full body goals when all other options have been exhausted.
3. How does our Medical Weight Loss Program work?
Step 1: Medical Evaluation & Consultation. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Batista by calling our office. During your consultation, she will discuss your health goals and will determine if you are an appropriate candidate. If you are a good candidate, a full health and hormone panel is done through a simple blood test, sometimes it can be done the same day so no additional visit is needed.
Step 2: Review the Results & Treatment Plan. Once the results are back within a week, our office will schedule a follow-up appointment where Dr. Adajar or Dr. Batista will review the results with you in detail along with a recommended treatment plan.
4. What types of treatments may be used for XSculpt’s medical weight loss program?
ents may be used for XSculpt’s medical weight loss program?
The treatment for each person is individually customized and highly personalized. Each treatment plan may include a combination of nutritional advice, personal training exercise recommendations, prescription medication, hormone optimization, non-surgical or surgical body contouring.
- Nutritional Advice – Our physicians are specifically trained to discuss your nutrition and how to create a plan that works best for your body in regards to maximizing your health and reducing health issues like inflammation, high cholesterol or blood pressure. Our personal trainers are also extensively trained to provide guidance on how to adjust your diet to help you lose weight or gain muscle.
- Prescription Medication – There are several different medications that can be prescribed to help you in your journey to attain your weight loss goals. Though not a substitute for a proper nutrition and exercise plan, your results can be amplified and be made more efficient by combining a solid diet and exercise plan with prescription medication under a physician’s guidance.
- Hormone Optimization – Our physicians are certified and trained in hormone optimization treatment.
- Personal Training – We have access to network of personal trainers who provide a customized exercise program often at a discounted cost for our patients. XSculpt does not have any personal trainers on site.
- Non Surgical Body Contouring – We have the latest non-surgical fat reduction treatment SculpSure available to patients to get rid of stubborn fat when diet and exercise are not enough at an additional cost. You can read more about it.
- Surgical Body Contouring – Sometimes when a patient undergoes extreme weight loss they are left with excess skin and surgical body contouring may be recommended.
5. Is Medical Weight Loss Safe?
It is no secret that being overweight is associated with many health risks. Evidence shows that people who lose weight gradually and steadily are more successful in keeping it off. With the help of a trained physician and our staff at XSculpt, we can help you achieve your goals safely and effectively. We offer safe weight loss medications, hormone replacement therapy, vitamin replacement, nutrition counseling, and personal training. A personalized combination of these modalities may be right for you. All of these treatments can also help you maintain your weight loss. It is safe to lose about 15% of your weight over a period of 3 months if you are being monitored by a physician.
6. Do you offer medical weight loss (bariatric) surgery?
XSculpt does not perform weight loss bariatric surgery. Surgery for weight loss is performed by bariatric centers located within hospitals. However, the physicians at XSculpt can help determine if you are a candidate for bariatric surgery and help refer you to an institution that performs those types of procedures.
7. How do I know if I'm a good candidate for medical weight loss program?
Most, if not all patients are candidates. However, because of the nature of the medications that may be used for treatment, our doctors have to be sure that any side effects that rarely occur are closely monitored for. Certain untreated medical conditions can prevent one some therapies but an alternative treatment can almost always be implemented. Examples of these conditions might be uncontrolled hypertension or diabetes. A close review of your medical history, blood pressure, blood examination, and your personal goals will help determine your candidacy for the program.
8. Does Insurance cover the weight loss program?
We do not work directly with insurance companies, however, we are happy to provide all the necessary documentation you need so you can submit to your insurance for possible reimbursement.
9. What does the weight loss program include?
We develop a customized plan to each patient. Services may include:
- All physician visits
- All laboratory examinations and interpretations
- Testosterone and/or estrogen replacement therapy
- Thyroid optimization
- Medication weight loss prescriptions and physician monitoring
- LipoLean Vitamin B12 energy and fat mobilization injections
- High dose vitamin replenishment therapy
- Medically supported fat loss topical cream
- Exclusive discounts to certain XSculpt procedures and treatments
*Costs not included:
- Prescription Medications
- Personal Training &/or Gym Facilities – Note we do work with Personal Trainers & Gyms that may provide our patients with discounts
- Surgical & Non-Surgical Treatments
*Our clients will be proud to step on the scale! I do not believe that avoiding the scale will help.
Our clients will check themselves daily to help them stay on track and get their brain to recognize that this is a priority.
We will also be keeping track of the clients BMI & Full body measurements, having them check in every 2 weeks to make sure they are still staying on track.
Clients doing our weight loss management will have all the tools from our Nutrition & Personal Training Sectors so they will be able to reference exactly what they should be doing, as well as full contact with our coaches staying updated weekly on how the progress is going.
We are motivating our clients to keep making the right choices as well as discussing any further guidance they need help with to maintain their NEW body that they have worked so hard to get!
We are getting rid of the YO-YO effect and going to have our clients learn the knowledge, mindset, and goals to push them to maintain optimum weight loss. We are a TEAM & together we will keep the weight off and help you live a much healthier life!
Dr. Marc Adajar - Co-Founder
Dr. Marc Adajar - Co-Founder
Losing the weight is not the hardest battle it is keeping the weight off!! Most people who have struggled with weight most of their life are familiar with the YO-YO effect.
You lose the weight & feel great so you end up going back to “oo I can just have 1 piece of pizza” or “I can have just a few cookies” Which yes that is fine!
If you have the self control it takes not to make that a trend but many people who face weight issues know that stopping at 1or 2 just is not the case…
You end up having a bad night of eating and then the next day turns into another and so on. So you end up Yo-Yoing back up to your old weight again..
You start feeling down about yourself and are back where you started. WE ARE PUTTING AN END TO THAT!
*Our Team at Xsculpt is going to make sure that once you have used our training and nutrition programs you will have learned how to not let those old habits re-introduce themselves into your life again!
We also teach you how to get that self-control of just having one cookie and not letting your emotions play into how you eat.
We show you the positive way of eating and how the right foods will help you manage to keep that weight off the rest of your life!
*Results will vary from person to person. All individuals are unique and will experience different results from the procedures provided at XSculpt™.
XSculpt™ Cosmetic Plastic Surgery For Men and Hormone Optimization Clinics with locations in Chicago & Evanston Illinois. Our network of experienced physicians and board-certified surgeons employ the latest medical technology to offer the most modern cosmetic and medical treatments.