Gynecomastia Surgery Recovery
Here is a general list of what you can expect after your ChestSculpt™ procedure. You may experience some, all, or none of these depending on how well you heal, the type of surgery you had, your genetics, and how good you are with following my post-operative gynecomastia surgery recovery protocol.
- A day or two following your gynecomastia surgery recovery, you may experience intense bruising which can last for several weeks before it resolves.
- It is unlikely that you will be able to reach above your head for the first few weeks due to inflammation and scar tissue from the liposuction performed beneath your arms. Therefore, massage, stretching, and exercise are crucial for regaining your range of motion.
Areas That Feel Firm
- You will experience very hard and firm areas underneath your chest along the ribs which may extend around to the back. This is from the liposuction done on the chest wall for high definition sculpting of the chest. Your stretches, massaging, and exercises will help decrease this overtime.
- Your nipple will appear to indent or cave-in in the first couple of weeks. This is because of a combination of 100% glad excision and the increased swelling that appears surrounding the nipple and Ariola. It is very important to do your exercises and massaging starting two weeks after surgery to prevent scar tissue formation from the nipple to the muscle.
Swelling Of The Chest Area
- You can expect your chest to swell for up to two weeks during gynecomastia surgery recovery. Following the swelling phase will be a three month period of inflammation and scar tissue formation and breakdown. From three months to six months of gynecomastia surgery recovery, skin contraction occurs. This is why the compression is extremely important for the first two weeks to limit the swelling. Also, during gynecomastia surgery recovery, the exercises, stretching, and massages are very important from two weeks to three months during the scar tissue and inflammation phase.
Potential Swelling of Around Waist & Upper Legs
- Because of a combination of the take impression and gravity, you can have bruising and swelling up here around your waist line and upper legs. This is temporary and will go away after the first several weeks.
*Disclaimer: This video is intended for XSCULPT patients. Dr. Adajar may give you additional instructions. Always consult with your surgeon for specific post-operative instructions.
Dr. Marc Adajar is a Board Certified Surgeon who specializes in this surgery, and is considered one of the best Gynecomastia surgeons in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Adajar specializes in the male physique and performing a variety of cosmetic treatments, such as liposuction, gland excision, and male breast reduction. He works with each patient to tailor a treatment plan that meets their individual needs and goals. With his expertise, Dr. Adajar is able to provide the most optimal outcome for his patients.